Village Hall News

Coffee Morning Tues 9th May 2017

Don’t forget it’s time for a cuppa and a chat in the Village Hall next Tuesday (9th May) at 10am until 11’ish…..

☕️🍪🗣👋

Village Hall Committee Annual Meeting 2nd May 2017

Honingham Village Hall Committee will be holding their Annual Meeting on 2nd May in the Village Hall, this Meeting will follow on from the Parish Annual Meeting, at approx 8pm. All welcome.

Both meetings will take place in the back room of the Village Hall, accessed via back door; the main hall being already booked for a function.

Minutes of the Annual Meeting of Honingham Village Hall Committee held 21.06.16

Honingham Village Hall Management Committee

Minutes of the Annual Meeting held Tuesday 21st June 2016.

Attended by 5 committee members – Ray Grant, Sally Blyth, Julie Turner, Linda Human, Christine Harrison and 14 parishioners.

  1. Apologies: There were no apologies.

 

  1. Minutes of previous meeting.

The minutes of the Annual meeting of 2015 were read. Signed as a true record by Ray Grant.

 

  1. Matters arising.
  2. Ray will contact the Yorkshire Building Society and have the interest added.
  3. A timer has been fitted to the lights in the driveway.

 

  1. Chairman’s report.

Read by Ray and copies made available.

 

  1. Treasurer’s report.

Read by Ray and copies made available.

Earthsea House/ Merrywood are booking the hall more often than before and therefore helping the hall keep in profit. £733.77 profit in 2015 (running account). Money has been saved on cleaning costs as Ray and Susan are doing the cleaning, unpaid. The job has been advertised.

 

  1. Fundraising report.

Read by Ray and copies made available. £848.05 profit in 2015.

Procedures for hiring the hall are under review following a booking in March 2016 which turned into a “rave”. This disaster prompted the committee to tighten up booking procedures e.g. rewording the booking form and taking a deposit.

 

  1. Election of Committee Members.

Chairman: Ray Grant. Proposed by Julie Turner, seconded by Roger Human. Treasurer: Christine Harrison. Proposed by Rita Barker, seconded by Brian Winchester.  Other committee members are Sally Blyth representing Bellfolk, Julie Turner co-opted and Linda Human representing the Parish Council. There are vacancies for committee members from “Extend” and table tennis.

  1. O.B

Ray thanked Ted and Marjorie for their previous work as committee members. Julie thanked Ray and Susan for their help with cleaning the hall and saving a considerable sum of money.

The meeting closed at 8.30 p.m.

Honingham Village Hall Management Committee – meeting 03 04 17

Honingham Village Hall Management Committee

Minutes of the meeting held at 4 p.m Monday 3rd April 2017

Present: Mr Ray Grant, Mrs Sally Blyth, Mrs Christine Harrison, Mrs Linda Human.

Mrs Julie Turner.

  1. Minutes of previous meeting.

Read by all before the meeting and signed as a true record.

  1. Matters arising.

Ray has informed hirers of the increases in the hourly charge.

Further quotations for the toilet improvements have all been over £35,000. Ray had emailed the plans to Paul Hemnell, the licensing officer at BDC, to ask if this was excessive. He had replied that the quotations were not excessive. Sally, Linda and Ray will meet at Sally’s on Thurs 20th April to research further possible grants.

 

  1. Treasurer’s report- running account

No treasurer’s report but Ray presented the annual accounts. Copies given to committee.

£1, 5006.83 made, mostly due to not paying a cleaner. Thanks given to Susan and Ray. Mr Gwilliams held his last charity dance in March ’17. We will miss the income from his bookings (£900).

 

  1. Treasurer’s report – fundraising account.

3 year’s interest from The Yorkshire Building Society has now been added. Barclays and YBS combined totals £6,037.55

 

  1. Monthly charity dance.

Mr Gwilliams has now finished his monthly charity dances. Ray to put an article in The Pump.

  1. Hall bookings.

There are no new bookings.

 

There is a Bowls Event on 25th June. We will perhaps hold an event to coincide – another History Day?

Ray and Susan will hold their Peony Weekend again, probably 10/11th June.

Sally to ask George Middleton about Shinanikins’s availability in September.

Ray to find out about an Elvis impersonator.

Linda to find out about line dancing.

  1. Any other business.

The committee ratified The Equal Opportunities policy.

Ray showed us a letter about “Houses of Parliament” week in November ’17. To be given to Earthsea House and discussed at the next coffee morning.

The business rate/ council tax has decreased.

Sally requested to borrow some glasses, a teapot and the urn for a 90th birthday party on April 29th. Agreed.

  1. Date of next meeting.

Monday 15th May at 4.00 p.m.      (Also Tues May 2nd, annual meeting following P.C annual meeting).

Coffee Morning Tuesday 11th April 2017

Coffee morning next Tuesday in the Village Hall 10am’ish until 11am’ish. Lovely to see lots more people last month 😊 Join us for coffee, tea, biscuits, raffle and a chat…..also discussing our next Honingham History project ☕️🍪👍

Improving the A47

Highways England are consulting on proposals to improve the A47 between North Tuddenham and Easton. The proposals will create a new dual Carriageway, which is hoped will relieve congestion, provide extra road space, improve safety and help provide a free flowing network. The consultation will run for 6 weeks from Monday 13th March to Friday 21st April. There are 4 proposed routes for our section, and they all have a significant impact on our village. As an example, proposal 2 has the new dual Carriageway along the present A47…. but this means access to our Church is cut off by the dual carriageway making walking to church very difficult; proposal 4 (the only route south of the village) cuts through Berry’s Lane and across to the top of Colton Road – what happens to the buildings in Berry’s Lane and the houses along the Mattishall Road?. Both proposals 1 and 3 cut through Wood Lane, so again, what happens to properties along there?

There will be an exhibition by Highways England in Honingham Village Hall on Thu April 6th from 3pm to 8pm of these proposals and staff will be on hand to explain these and answer any questions. Copies of the brochure (as above) are being requested and will be placed in the Phonebox and Notice Boards for you to take a look. Further info can be had by going to www.highways.gov.uk/a47-corridor-improvement-program or 0300 123 5000.

Your Parish Council will be actively involved in this process and will be making representations, you may inform our decision making process at the next PC meeting April 10th or contact one of the councillors. You may also make personal representations to Highways England.

Coffee Morning Tue 14th March

Come and have a cuppa and a chat at the Village Hall on Tuesday 14th March at 10 am, we have biscuits and a raffle too! 🙂