Meeting Minutes

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held 14th November 2016

MINUTES of the meeting of Honingham Parish Council held on Monday 14th.November 2016, at 7 pm in the Village Hall.

 

PRESENT were Mr D Bishop (Chairman),Mr and Mrs R Human,  Mr T Sapey  ,Mrs N Cargill, Mrs S Blyth and Mr S Steggles.

There were no Apologies for Absence.

 

THE MINUTES of the previous meeting were read, approved and signed.

 

MATTERS ARISING – (a ) a  letter had been received about the footpath from the village to the new roundabout,  saying that it would be cleared of the encroaching vegetation.

(b) Mr Human had written to Mr Rampton about cutting back the hedges by the village roads, and his letter was read out.

 

FINANCE:  the following payments were agreed, and cheques signed –

Mike Amiss Signs   £525.00

Collier Turf Care   £416.51 (materials and equipment for the bowling green)

East Tuddenham Parish Council (repayment of overpayment for war memorial)

Mr D Bishop   £231.60 (playground and shrine expenses)

Mazars   £30   (Audit fee)

 

PLANNING:   A letter had been received about consultation meetings for the proposed Food Hub.   Members of the Parish Council noted the dates.  Mr Alston had invited members of the Parish Council to meet with him, to discuss concerns: this meeting might include some residents of the village.   A date would be arranged.

 

HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS:  A letter had been received about traffic monitoring which would take place in connexion with the construction of the Northern Distributor Route.

Mr Anthony Meynell had let the Council know that his closing-off of the stile on Berry’s Lane was due to the fact that his timber merchant now used a bigger lorry.  People were welcome to use the alternative footpath route further along the road.

 

LEISURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS:  Mr C Mattless reported that the new materials and equipment for the bowls club green had arrived.  The Clerk was asked arrange for the electricity supply to be reconnected.

Information was distributed from the Hornsea Project 3 Windfarm enterprise.

BT had enquired whether the Parish Council wished to purchase the other phone box within the Honingham area, which stands in Colton.   The Clerk was asked to contact Colton Parish Council about this.

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:  path to the bus stop on Mattishall Road – Mr Steggles will apply weedkiller.

Mr Sapey requested action on the hedge at the bottom of the Colton Road hill, which was spreading over the road. The Clerk was asked to contact the householder.

Mrs Cargill reported that the Heritage Ranger project was moving forward.

Mr Human reported on the Jazz Night he was arranging.  He envisaged the tickets costing £12.50, to include a meal.

Mr Bishop spoke about the Greater Norwich Action Plan, to develop housing.   Honingham Thorpe Farm had put forward proposals for 3,900 dwellings and infrastructure, including shops, a primary school and a Community Centre. There was also a proposal for 13 houses to be put on the field between Fellowes Road and Mill Lane.

Mr Skipper asked whether it would be possible to get rid of the bus stop by the pump, since it was no longer used by any buses.  The Clerk was asked to write about this.

Mrs Human had received some updates regarding the provision of high-speed broadband in the village, and had received much information, which the Clerk was keeping in the records. Nothing likely to happen until 2018 at the moment.

 

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting.

Honingham Parish Council Minutes of meeting 10th October 2016

MINUTES of the meeting of Honingham Parish Council held on 10th. October 2016, at 7.00 pm in the Village Hall.

 

PRESENT were Mr D Bishop (Chairman), Mr R Human, Mrs L Human, Mrs N Cargill, Mr  T Sapey and Mr S Steggles.  14 residents of the village also attended the meeting.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from Mrs S Blyth.

 

THE MINUTES of the previous meeting were read, approved and signed.

 

MATTERS ARISING: 1. A letter from Broadland District Council stated that no further free dog waste bins would be supplied, but that the Parish Council could pay for a bin and its emptying at over £200 a year.  It was decided that this option would not be taken up.

  1. All the defects in the Children’s Playground equipment, as noted in the RoSPA report, had been put right by Mr .D Bishop. The members of the Parish Council expressed their thanks to him for this.
  2. No answer had been received to the Clerk’s letter about the footpath to the new roundabout.
  3. Mr R Human has booked the Jazz musicians mentioned at the last meeting for an evening on January 14th.2017. The evening might include a meal.

 

FINANCE:  The Clerk had received a Precept Consultation document, which was to be circulated among the Parish Council.

 

PLANNING:  1. Planning Application 20161566 (Stable Block near Greenacres, Colton Road) was considered at the meeting.  No objections were raised.

  1. Two documents had been received in connexion with Environmental Impact Screening for the proposed Food Hub. The members of the Parish Council undertook to study these before the next meeting.

 

HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS.  A note had been received from Mr A Meynell, saying that he had removed the stile leading to the footpath over his field off Berry’s Lane, and blocked up the gap. However, a gate and a permissive path were available a few yards along the road.

LEISURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS. 1. Mr Human has been in contact with Mr Rampton about the hedges alongside village roads, and will contact him about trimming the hedge on the Mattishall Road.  Mr Winchester asked that the hedge by the Dereham Road should be included.

  1. Mr C Mattless has had a meeting with an authority on bowling greens, to discuss the maintenance of ours. As a result of this meeting, he produced a detailed schedule of equipment and materials, together with a timetable of maintenance. The cost for a year  would be between £1000 and £1500.  The meeting thanked him for his work on this, and supported this expenditure.  Mr Mattless has also consulted an electrician, who said that there would be no problem in reconnecting the Bowls Club to the electricity supply.
  2. A letter had been received about  a Heritage Ranger scheme.  The members of the Parish Council would study the letter, and it would be discussed at the next meeting.

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS.  1. The Paper Recycling Bank would be removed, as it was hardly used now.

  1. Mr Winchester said that a car was once again parked at the end of Mill Lane.  It  was pointed out that it was not there all the time, but that an eye would be kept on the situation.
  2. Mr B Webb spoke to the meeting about the dangers of the Wood Lane / A47 junction. He gave it as his opinion that all traffic joining the A47 at this point should turn left and go up the roundabout. Mrs L Human, and other members of the Parish Council said that neither Broadland District Council or NCC Highways would entertain this idea. Mr Webb also asked about the refurbishment of the War Memorial in relation to Armistice Day, and was assured that the process would be complete by then.

 

THE NEXT MEETINGS were fixed for November 14th and December 12th.2016.

 

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting.

Parish Council Meeting 12th Sept 2016 – Minutes

MINUTES of the meeting of HONINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL held on Monday 12th September at 7pm in the Village Hall.

Present were Mr D Bishop (Chairman), Mr R Human, Mrs L Human, Mrs S Blyth and Mrs N Cargill.

Nine residents of the village also attended the meeting.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from Mr S Steggles and Mr T Sapey

 

THE MINUTES of the previous meeting were read, approved and signed.

 

MATTERS ARISING from the Minutes. (a) a cheque for £645 has been received from East Tuddenham Parish Council, representing their share of the cost of refurbishing the War Memorial.

(b) work is proceeding on repairs found necessary following the inspection of the children’s playground by RoSPA. This work should be completed soon.

 

FINANCE. A cheque was signed to Mr E Perrett, for mower service, for £150.75.

Payment was made for equipment for the Bowls Club area:

Marker Cones   £37.47

Wheelbarrow    £59.94

Croquet set      £49.95

Crazy Golf set  £220.74

Payment for these was made to Mr D Bishop, a total of £368.10

 

PLANNING. A letter had been received from Broadland District Council, stating that the application for a change of use for the house at Merryhill had been approved.

 

HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS. The Clerk was asked to write to Broadland District Council about the state of the footpath that leads out of the village to the east, to the roundabout.

 

LEISURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS. Mr C Mattless reported that the Open Day at the Bowls Club area had been a great success, with good attendance and much positive feedback. A total of £198.50 had been raised from donations, and this was handed to the Parish Council at the meeting. The next event would possibly be a barbeque afternoon and evening. Decisions need to be made about the financing of future activities. It was reported that the History Day had also been a great success, with much interest shown by many people. Thanks were expressed to all the people who had worked hard to stage these two events.

 

VILLAGE HALL TOILETS. The Chairman raised this matter, saying that it seems that the present toilets in the Village Hall do not comply with the law. For the Hall’s capacity of 200 people, there should be four ladies’ toilets, a separate toilet for the disabled, and baby changing facilities. Mr J Norfolk of Building Plans, will draw up plans for a small extension to take new toilets. Mr E Perrett has offered up to £5000 from the old Bowls Club funds. A sub-committee will be formed with members of the Parish Council and the Village Hall Management Committee, to be chaired by Mrs L Human. Sources of finance, such as charities and various Grants will be investigated.

 

CORRESPONDENCE. A copy of Parish Pages was circulated.

A letter had been received from the Council for the Protection of Rural England, about new housing targets. This would be circulated for Parish Councillors to read.

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS. The Clerk was asked to pursue the matter of the dog waste bin on Berrys Lane.

The Clerk was asked to write about the bin on the playground, which is not being emptied.

Mrs L Human has received an approach from a jazz group, seeking venues to play. The proposed financial arrangements need to be looked into and Mr R Human is pursuing this.

 

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting.

Honingham Parish Council Minutes of meeting 18.08.16

MINUTES of the meeting of HONINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL held on Thursday 18th. August 2016, at 7.00 pm in the Village Hall.

 

PRESENT were Mr D Bishop (Chairman), Mrs L Human, Mr T Sapey, Mr S Steggles and Mrs S Blyth.  14 residents of the village also attended the meeting.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from Mrs N Cargill and Mr R Human.

 

THE MINUTES of the previous meeting were read, approved, and signed.

 

MATTERS ARISING from the Minutes.  (a) The War Memorial.  The Chairman reported that, following discussions with East Tuddenham Parish Council, it had been agreed that each Council should pay £645 towards the cost of refurbishment.  The Parish Council agreed to this.

(b) The fence round the Children’s play equipment had been treated with preservative paint.  Grateful thanks were expressed to Mr and Mrs Sapey, Mr Skipper and Mr Bishop for doing this work.

 

FINANCE.  Four cheques were agreed  and signed:

To Anglian Water, relating to the Bowls Club – £26.19

To Mr T Sapey, for petrol for mowing and paint for the playground railings – £60

To Playsafety td., for the RoSPA inspection of the playground – £92.40

To H Blyth and sons, for repairs to the swings – £95.

 

Some discussion followed about the RoSPA inspection, as rotten wood had been detected in the swings by several people in the village, which is why Mr Blyth had made and fitted the steel repair bar.  It was felt that this should have been picked up by the inspectors.  The Clerk was asked to write to Playsafety, asking for their comments on this.

 

PLANNING.  Mrs Human summarised the situation with regard to the Merryhill planning application. Broadland District Council had emphasised that the application should be looked at on its own, even though there were concerns about other aspects of developments on the site.  It was decided that the Parish Council would still object to the proposal, on the grounds that they had not enough information.

 

HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS.  Thanks were expressed to Mr Chris Knibb for his work in clearing the footpath over the fen.

 

LEISURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS.  Mr Craig Mattless outlined a proposal for the use of the Bowls Club area.  This would consist of facilities for informal bowls, plus croquet and putting. A sub-committee had been formed, and had met once.  Some costings had been done: electrical work up to £500: some equipment to be donated: heavy-duty croquet sets were being priced.  Mrs S Blyth asked for details of how this grant application was put together, and Mr Bishop emphasised the speed that had been necessary, and the need to submit a plan.  He asked if the Parish Council were happy for this plan to go forward, and the Council agreed.  Thanks were expressed to Mr Mattless for his work.

 

RoSPA REPORT ON THE PLAYGROUND.  Mr Bishop will take the report and see what is to be done.

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS. (a) Mrs Blyth mentioned the forthcoming History Day, and said that gifts of cakes would be welcome.

(b) Mrs Human mentioned a communication she had received from Switzerland, enquiring about a visit to Honingham Hall in 1928.   No one was able to shed any light on this matter.

(c) The Clerk was asked to write to everyone who had donated towards the cost of the defibrillator, thanking them.

 

NEXT MEETINGS.   The Council was now meeting on the 2nd.Monday of each month, making the next meeting 12th.September 2016.

Minutes of Parish Council held 26th July 2016

Please see below Minutes, and note that the date of the next meeting is now 18th August not 23rd.

MINUTES of the meeting of Honingham Parish Council held on 26th. July 2016, at 7.00 pm in the Village Hall.

 

PRESENT were Mr D Bishop (Chairman), Mr and Mrs R Human, Mrs N Cargill and Mr T Sapey.  Twelve residents of the village also attended the meeting.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from Mrs S Blyth and Mr S Steggles.

 

THE MINUTES of the previous meeting were read, approved and signed.

 

MATTERS ARISING.  The plaque commemorating the Queen’s 90th. birthday had arrived, and was displayed at the meeting.

 

FINANCE.  The following cheques were agreed and signed:

To Mr T Sapey, for petrol for grasscutting – £12

To Mrs S Blyth, for photocopying for village survey – £10.59

To K and AJ Slack,for internal audit – £50

To D Church, for defibrillator training – £500

To Honingham Village Hall, for hire of premises for above – £21.15

To Felthorpe Lawnmower services, for new mower – £1235

 

PLANNING.   (a) Documents had been received about the Growth Triangle Area Action Plan, and these were circulated at the meeting.

(b) The Chairman had attended a meeting about the proposed Food Hub. He reported that the same arguments and responses had been heard as last time. Mr Alston had not attended the meeting, but had written a letter.

(c)  Merryhill: Mrs Human outlined the position on the proposed change of use of one of the houses on the site.  It seems there may be issues concerning the residents on the site, with some being possibly threatened with eviction.  Weston Longville Parish Council have been concerned about the expansion of the site, and the poor access (passing places on the road which should have been put in have not appeared).  Some general discussion followed, in which the residents present were invited to join. The Parish Council felt that they did not have sufficient information, and the Clerk was asked to object to the current proposal on these grounds.

 

HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS.   The advertising hoarding that stood at the western end of the villafge has disappeared.

 

BOWLS CLUB.  A survey had been conducted in the villager about the possible future uses of this  site.  Thanks were expressed to Mrs Blyth and her helpers who distributed, collected and analysed the results., 164 had been sent out, and 42 returned, mostly from the older age groups. The survey form had preferences to choose, and responders could choose more than one option. The options selected were:

Sensory garden 25, Wild meadow 22, Trim Trail 19, Crazy / Children’s golf 17, Putting Green 13, Outdoor badminton 13, Bowls 13, Picnic area 10.  I

It was felt that no decisions could be made on the basis of such inconclusive results.  Mr Mattless said that several people were in favour of bowls, played in a more informal way, and it was decided to set up a sub-committee to explore this option.

WAR  MEMORIAL:  The Chairman had liaised with the Chairman of East Tuddenham PC.  A quotation of £640 had been obtained for treating the timber, and re-gilding the lettering.

DEFIBRILLATOR.   A good three-and-a-half hour training session had taken place, with 11 people attending. The defibrillator will go up in the pub car park.  |It was agreed that the names of those who had been trained should be pubished.

CORRESPONDENCE: catalogues for fitness and children’s play activities had been received.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:  (a) the fence round the children’s play area was in need of treatment.  Mr  Sapey and helpers will see to this.

(b) Mr Bart asked if signs could go up in The Street asking drivers not to sound their horns to move the white doves off the road.  The Clerk asked to investigate this possibility.

(c)  Mr Joyce asked about rumours that Mr Alston was planning to build on one of the fields between Fellowes Road and Mill Lane.  Nothing official had been heard about thus, but it was pointed out that this would be outside the “stop lines” for planning in the village.

THE NEXT MEETING        was arranged for 18th August 2016.

Honingham Parish Council Minutes from meeting 21st June 2016

MINUTES of the meeting of Honingham Parish Council held on 21st. June 2016, in the Village Hall.

 

PRESENT were Mr D Bishop (Chairman), Mr and Mrs R Human, Mr T Sapey, Mrs N Cargill, Mr S Steggles and Mrs S Blyth.

 

There were no APOLOGIES for absence.

 

THE MINUTES of the previous meeting were read, approved and signed.

 

MATTERS ARISING: The Chairman reported that the plaque marking the Her Majesty The Queen’s 90th. Birthday would now cost £78 plus VAT.  He has ordered it, and will be ready in about 4 weeks.  .

The grass area on Fellowes Road has now been cut.

 

FINANCE: A payment of £11.55 for petrol for mowing was agreed, and a cheque signed in favour of Mr E Perrett.

The Parish Council accounts for 2015-6 had received their Internal Audit, and this was circulated, approved and signed by the Chairman.

 

PLANNING.  Notice was given of a meeting about the proposed Food Hub, to be held at Eason Village Hall on June 27th.

 

HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS.  A dispute had arisen about the position of the illegal advertising hoarding that stands at the west end of the village.  Breckland District Council says it is in Broadland, and Broadland District Council are not proposing to do anything about it.  It is, apparently, on land belonging to Highways, and they have it in their power to remove it.. The Clerk was asked to draft a letter to the Planning Officer at Brxoadland District Council, with a copy to the EDP.

LEISURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS.:  with regard to the future of the Bowls Club area, Mrs S Blyth spoke about her proposal for a Sensory Garden.  She showed a map that illustrated her ideas.  These included items that involved all the senses.  She proposed a spiral rockery, a paving-stone chessboard, and grassy mounds for play.  There would be paved ports for wheelchair access, a pergola with climbing plants, coloured plants to look at, raised beds with plants to touch, wind chimes to hear, and possibly a water feature. A wild meadow with grassy paths and fruit trees were further ideas.

Mrs Blyth had done rough costings. She hoped the area would be low-maintenance, and felt that individuals or families in the village might adopt and maintain parts of the area. The total price looked as if it might be something over £2000.  Some discussion of these ideas ensued, with appreciation being expressed for all the work Mrs Blyth had put into her proposal.

 

Mrs Blyth also read to the meeting the wording of the survey that was to be conducted of the residents of the village about the future of the Bowls Club.   Mrs Human reminded the meeting of the other proposals that had been put forward.  A letter was read from Mrs A Haggith, , in which she  queried the decision-making processes the Parish Council were using in the matter of the Bowls Club.  The Parish Council felt that the survey would answer her points, and the Clerk was asked to draft a reply to her letter.

Mr E Perrett reported that he had found a suitable mower for the Council to purchase for cutting the playing field grass.  It would cost £1300.

 

SHRINE AREA.  A letter had been received from Mr B Webb, who had researched the possibility of erecting a stone War Memorial.   A cost of £7000 was mentioned.  The Chairman and Mr T Sapey would meet with the Chairman of East Tuddenham Parish Council to discuss this. Thanks were expressed to Mr Webb for his work.

 

DEFIBRILLATOR.  The Chairman had arranged a Training Evening for 12th.July.  About 16 people could attend.

 

FUTURE MEETINGS:  Two dates were arranged – 26th. July 2016 and 18th.August 2016..

Minutes of the Parish Council 24th May 2016

MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 24th. May 20126, at 7.00 pm in the Village Hall.

PRESENT were Mr D Bishop (Chairman), Mrs L Human, Mr R Human, Mrs N Cargill, Mr T Sapey and Mr S Steggles.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from Mrs S Blyth.

THE MINUTES of the previous meeting were read, approved and signed .
MATTERS ARISING: The Chairman had ascertained that a commemorative plaque to mark the Queen’s 90th birthday could be obtained for about £50. Some discussion ensued about where it should be placed, and the decision was reached that the Pump was the best place.
The Chairman emphasised that the Council had three projects for the coming year: this plaque, the defibrillator, and the bowling green.

FINANCE. The following payments were agreed, and cheques signed:
To RG Maintenance services Ltd .for grasscutting – £168
To Mr E Perrett for petrol – £6.50
To Direct 365 Online Ltd .(for defibrillator) – £1140
To Safety-Tec (fordefibrillator cabinet) – £485.85
To Mr D Bishop (for shingle and slate for the Shrine area) – £500
A further donation of £100 was received for the defibrillator from Fieldings Cottage.

PLANNING. The Chairman had attended a meeting about the proposed Food Hub. He reported that most questions from the meeting had been answered with the statement that nothing had been decided yet. He felt that many people at the meeting were angry at the proposals.

HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS. In the matter of the advertising hoarding, it was reported that the case was due in court in June.
The hedges on the Mattishall Road should be cut soon, but not while birds are nesting. The Clerk was asked to contact the authorities about the verges, particularly round the crossroads at the top of Colton Road, which need trimming and are dangerously obstructing drivers’ visibility.

DEFIBRILLATOR. The Chairman outlined the cost (see Finance above), and said that business and individual donations from the village had raised more than £1500. The payment from Council funds would therefore be only a few hundred pounds. (The Council is able to reclaim all VAT).
SHRINE AREA: The stone for the surfacing would cost below £500.

BOWLING GREEN. Mr R Human spoke on proposals for the use of this area as a village amenity. The current thinking is to divide the area into three: a putting green, an adult fitness facility, and an area for outdoor activities such as croquet or table tennis. He had prepared detailed costings for each of these sections. Grass maintenance should not be an expense, as Mr Sapey and his family were volunteering to take over the grass-cutting, and village was immensely grateful to them for this. His estimate of the total cost (not including trim trail equipmet) is under £3000. In addition, a larger mower will have to be purchased. Mr E Perrett will investigate such a purchase. Mr Steggles wondered how many of the village residents would use the facilities, and suggested a survey of some kind. Mr A Webb warned that maintaining a putting green would involve more effort and expense than the Council envisaged. It was agreed that the purchase of the mower would be the first step.

BUS STOP FOOTPATH. This was overgrown . Mr T Smith offered to treat it.

CORRESPONDENCE: Information on the Site Allocation Development Plan had been received, and would be passed round.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS: the Clerk was asked to telephone about the cutting of the grass on Fellowes Road.

NEXT MEETINGS: two further Parish Council meetings were arranged, on Tuesday 21st. June, and on Tuesday 26th. July