Meeting Minutes

Draft Minutes of Honingham Parish Council Meeting held 14.08.17

The following are the draft Minutes of Honingham Parish Council from a meeting held on 14th August 2017 in the Village hall at 7pm. They are to be ratified at the next Meeting on 11th September 2017.

Minutes of Honingham Parish Council held 14th Aug 2017

 

  1. Apologies for Absence: Mr George Middleton, Parish Clerk (Minutes taken by Mrs L Human); Mr Sam Steggles.
  2. Minutes of the Previous Meeting – 12th June 2017 – were read by Mr R Human; all agreed correct representation.
  3. There were no Matters Arising from the June Meeting.
  4. Cheques: Collier Turf Care Ltd £59.54, Norfolk Parish Training & Support £64, RoSPA £92.40, Mr E Perrett £51.60, Mr T Smith £5.20, Mr D Bishop £305.99. The Transparency Code: The smaller Authorities Transparency Code came into force on 1st April 2015 and requires the online publication of certain information which the Government requests, to provide taxpayers with a clear picture of the authority’s activities, spending and governance. The National Association of Local Councils (NALC) lobbied for the Code to be introduced in 2016 in order for the necessary support to be put into place for smaller parish councils (such as Honingham). Also adequate financial provision to be made to enable councils to meet the new burden. SB and LH have been working on this and have applied for £951.38 from the Transparency Fund, this will help with training and equipment for the new Parish Clerk so that we may be compliant. To comply with the Transparency Code we are required to publish the following information: All items of expenditure over £100, End of Year Accounts, Annual Governance Statement, Internal Audit Report, List of Councillors responsibilities, Details of public land and building assets, Minutes, Agenda’s and Meeting Papers of formal meetings. We are already compliant in the majority of items.
  5. Planning: None
  6. Highways and Footpaths: Norwich Northern Distributor Road – Development Consent Order (DCO), Requirement 30, Traffic Monitoring. As you will be aware the NDR is presently being built between the A47 at Postwick and the A1067 near Attlebridge. Requirement 30 states that prior to the NDR being opened a plan for the post implementation monitoring of traffic on the local highway network must be submitted to and approved by the Relevant Planning Authority. A letter explaining all of this, and the plan/maps has been sent to the Parish Clerk and he/she will hold this copy if anyone wishes to see it. Basically, the A47 between Honingham and E Tuddenham will have an Automatic Traffic Count (24 hours a day for 1 week, measuring vehicle flow and classification) between Oct/Nov 2018 and a Manual Classified Turning Count (7am to 7pm for 1 day, measuring vehicle flow and turning movement and classification) in Oct/Nov 2018.
  7. Leisure and Environmental Matters. Village Hall Toilet Improvements. A Business Plan has been put together to apply for funding’s required for this project. There are 2 Options, Firstly to update the present Ladies and Gents Toilets and to provide a separate toilet for disabled persons in the present cloaks area + provide a separate sink for the cleaner to use in the cleaners cupboard; this option would cost  £35,333.59, VAT £7,066.71  therefore total of £42,400.30 The toilets Steering Group were confident that with a £5000 gift from the former Honingham Bowls Club and contributions of £2500 each from the Parish Council and the Village Hall Committee the £32,400.30 would be easily funded. The second option, and the one favoured by Honingham Parishioners in the recent survey, was for just the cleaners sink and the toilets for disabled persons to be completed, and probably the present Ladies and Gents toilets to be slightly updated with new cubicles and sinks. The cost of the disabled toilet and the cleaners sink would be £2,040.00 + VAT £408.00 = £2,448.00 (cleaners sink) and £12,380.00 + VAT £2,476.00 = £14,856.00 A total of £17,304 including VAT. This could be met by the £2500 each from the Parish Council and Village Hall Committee, and applying for the remaining £12,304 from funding. The Ladies and Gents could be improved with the monies promised by the former Honingham Bowls Club. An earlier meeting of the Village Hall Committee had voted that the second option be implemented, and the Parish Council also opted for this proposal. It was therefore decided that the Toilets Steering Group should approach various organisations for funding of £12,304 to cover these costs.                                      New Bowls Club: This has been operating for 12 months now and is proving to be popular with parishioners and their families. Grass cutting of the playground area was costing £1100, but with Terry S and his family volunteering to do this, and the bowls green, we have only spent out £61.02 so far on petrol. There have also been fundraising events and donations which have been paid into the Parish Council funds (£589). A new, smaller mower, has just been purchased to cut the playground grass (£305.99)
  8. We have had more correspondence from Dong Energy regarding the Hornsea Project Three, Offshore Wind Farm – Phase 1.B: Consultation Summary Report. Again the Parish Clerk will hold a copy of this for anyone to see, plus we are putting copies in the Parish Phone Box/Info Hub. AON: We have had an update from our insurers to say that they will no longer be insuring local councils! However, we are covered by them until the end of the contract next year and will be actively seeking a cheaper option next year (currently we are paying £800 pa which seems a huge amount compared to other councils.
  9. Any Further Business. LH to contact Highways yet again regarding the cross roads at the Berrys Lane/Barnham Broom Road. This is still awaiting repair nearly 4 months since the bollards were demolished, and signs announcing the cross roads are completely obliterated by vegetation.                                                                                        SB and LH have attended the Policies and Procedures Training – and realised that there is quite a lot of work for Honingham Parish Council to complete!                                 Top of Colton Road; RH has personally taken his strimmer to the top of this road to clear vegetation and make this a safer access onto the Mattishall Road. It appears that someone has also cut the hedge back, but we are unclear as to whether this is the land owner or a local. However, visibility is still dire and dangerous to access the Mattishall Road, RH undertaken to contact the land owner’s agent Matthew Rampton again.            A47 Dualling between East Tuddenham and Honingham announced this morning and in the local press – route 2 has been chosen. Still unclear as to junctions and access, + access to our church, and what is to happen to Wood Lane. We can ask for Highways England to come and discuss at a meeting in Honingham or to join the meeting with them and East Tuddenham on Monday 4th
  10. Future Meetings: Monday September 11th 2017 + hand over of George Middleton, present Parish Clerk, to new Parish Clerk. A good turnout would be appreciated to thank George for 27 years loyal service to Honingham.                                                        Oct 9th 2017 . Both meetings in Village Hall at 7.00pm                                                                    At this point members of the Public were asked to leave the meeting
  11. Appointment of New Parish Clerk: Chairman Mr Bishop out lined the proposed appointment of Jordana Wheeler, her pay and conditions, and that the appointment (if approved) would be initially for 6 months’ probation and then confirmation of full appointment if probation period successful. This was unanimously agreed by the Council. Jordana Wheeler will commence her appointment on 1st September and there will be a hand over period with the present Clerk, and formal handover on date of next parish Council Meeting.

Draft Minutes of Honingham Parish Council Meeting 12th June 2017, to be approved at July meeting.

MINUTES of the meeting of Honingham Parish Council held on Monday 12th.June 2017 at 7 pm in the Village Hall.

PRESENT were Mr D Bishop (Chairman), Mr T Sapey, Mrs N Cargill, Mrs L  Human and Mr S Steggles.  15 residents of the village also attended the meeting.  The Chairman welcomed Mr G Peck, County Councillor for this area, to the meeting.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from Mrs  S Blyth and Mr R Human.

THE MINUTES of the previous meeting were read, approved and signed.

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes: (a) a letter was read from Mr Rampton, seeking clarification on the meaning of “the triangle” in the Council’s last letter. The Clerk had sent a map.

(b) Details of the Bowls Club pavilion had been sent to the insurance company.

(c) No response had been received from Highways about the footpath to the Church and the kerbed area at the crossroads of Berrys Lane and the Mattishall Road.

(d) Repairs had been carried out to apparatus on the Children’s Playground.

(e) The Chairman had ascertained that refresher training videos were available for those trained on the defibrillator.

FINANCE.  The result of the Internal Audit report was circulated, and the relevant signatures were added.

The following cheques were agreed and signed:  E.on – £71.35 (Bowls Club electricity)

K.Slack – £50 (Internal Audit)

T Sapey – £11.47 (petrol)

Mrs S Blyth – £10.13 (stationery)

Mrs L Human – £15 (photocopying)

The Clerk had  received a form requesting  details of how the Council had spent the Community Infrastructure Levy.  It was agreed that the transformation of the Bowls Club and the defibrillator would qualify.

PLANNING.  Planning application 20170903, for a house on Norwich Road Colton, was considered.  No objections were raised.

HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS.  A letter was read from Mr R Hawker, of Hockering Parish Council, suggesting meeting of all local councils, with a view to formulating a common view to put forward to Highways England regarding the dualling of the A47.  The Chairman expressed his willingness to go to the suggested meeting.

LEISURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS.  The Clerk had received a form about the Bowling Green, relating to its status as an unoccupied property, which he would compete and return.

There was no CORRESPONDENCE for this meeting.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS.  Mrs Human had details of a training course on local council policies.  The Council agreed to fund the expense of this course.

Mrs Cargill mentioned a litter pick on July 2nd.

Mr Sapey stressed that the Berrys Lane / Mattishall Road crossroads was a highly dangerous area, and suggested that someone from NCC Highways should be invited to a site meeting to see for himself or herself.  The Clerk was asked to try to arrange this.

MR G. PECK then spoke briefly to the meeting, expressing his willingness to help the Council in any way, particularly with regard to highways matters.  He would forward to Clerk notes of recent meetings.

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting.

We need a Parish Clerk as George is retiring after 27 years!

Honingham Parish Council – Part time Clerk Vacancy

Are you an experienced administrator who is looking for flexible, part-time (paid) work locally? We are seven Councillors looking for a Parish Clerk to work 4 hours per week for us. The role involves:

  • Arranging and attending meetings
  • Preparing agendas and writing minutes
  • Managing the finances
  • Dealing with correspondence and phone enquiries from the public
  • Preparing information for the website

The role is home-based with attendance at meetings at the Village Hall on the second Monday of the month. Training and support will be provided. If it sounds as though you would suit this role, we’d love to hear from you. Full Job Description will be sent on application.

Enquire first by phone or email Deadline for written applications is 30 June 2017

Contact:  Linda Human (Vice-Chair) 01603 880089 or lindagov@googlemail.com

Minutes Honingham Parish Council 10.04.17

MINUTES of the meeting of Honingham Parish Council held on Monday 10th. April 2017, at 7 pm in the Village Hall.

PRESENT were Mr D Bishop (Chairman), Mr R Human, Mrs L Human, Mr S Sapey and Mrs N Cargill. 22 residents of the village also attended the meeting.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from Mr S Steggles and Mrs S Blyth.

THE MINUTES of the previous meeting were read, approved and signed.

MATTERS ARISING.  (a) A letter had been received from Mr Rampton about the hedge on the Mattishall Road, in which he stated that he was not in favour of removing any part of it.  He also stated that he would not like to see the triangle of land at the west end of the village planted with trees. The Clerk was asked to write to Mr Ian Alston to ask whether the hedge could be cut very low at the relevant point.

(b) Mr Bishop and Mr and Mrs Human had attended a meeting at County Hall about the Northern Distributor Route.  There had been discussion about the proposed link between the A1067 and the A47.  They had learned that plans were a long way behind the plans for the A47. Further meetings were planned.

FINANCE The following cheques were agreed and signed:

To Mr T Sapey, £69.24, for various expenses connected with the Bowls Club

To Ben Burgess, £145, for hire of a machine

To Eon, £161, for electricity bill

To Mr J Skipper, £11.09 for tabards, and £69.25 for Bowls Club materials

To Building Plans Ltd, £97.80 for plans of the hedges.

HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS Mrs L Human summarised the points that had been raised by Parish Councillors about the proposed A47 dualling.  None was in favour of options 2 or 4.  Some general discussion then took place, with all being encouraged to voice their opinions.  Several people said that the information provided was too sketchy for an informed opinion to be formed.  Points were raised in favour of all four proposed routes.  The Chairman thanked everyone for contributing to the discussion.

LEISURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS.  The meeting heard that work on the Bowls Club was progressing, thanks to sterling work by the Sapeys and Mr Mattless and other volunteers.  Open evenings were planned.

CORRESPONDENCE. (a) A letter was read from Mr Brian Webb, in which he wrote about his work with the 466th. Attlebridge Bomb Group, and he reminded the village of his interest in village history, and the various ways in which he had contributed to its study.

(b) a letter was read from Mr and Mrs S Brooke, of Olde Pyghtle, about the problem with the phone lines in Colton Road.  They stated that it was clearly established that the fault was not with them, and that BT have at no time attributed the problem to them.  The Parish Council apologised to Mr and Mrs Brooke for the implication that the difficulty lay with them.

(c) A letter was read from Mr Grant to Mr Perrett, thanking him for the donation which had enabled new curtains to be provided for the Village Hall.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS.

Mr Sapey was concerned about cars coming down the Village Hall drive when there could be children playing. Mr Grant may have suitable warning signs.

Mrs Human said that the Village Hall toilets project was still ongoing.

There was an enquiry about village firework events in November:  it was reported that insurance problems had caused these to cease.

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting.

Minutes of Honingham Parish Council 13th March 2017

MINUTES of the meeting of Honingham Parish Council held on Monday 13th. March 2017, at 7 pm in the Village Hall.

 

PRESENT were Mr D Bishop (Chairman), Mr T Sapey, Mr R Human, Mrs L Human, Mrs N Cargill and Mrs S Blyth.  14 residents of the village also attended the meeting.

 

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from Mr S Steggles.

 

THE MINUTES of the previous meeting were read, approved (with one minor amendment) and signed.

 

MATTERS ARISING from the Minutes. (a) An exhibition and presentation about the proposed dualling of the A47 will be held in the Village Hall on April 6th, from 3 to 8pm.

(b) The Clerk had ascertained that the Parish Council’s insurance policy does not cover the Village Hall.  It was decided that this would be discussed at a meeting of the Village Hall committee.

(c) M r J Skipper has handed the running of the litter-picking teams over to Mrs N Cargill.

 

There were no items under the headings of FINANCE or PLANNING.

 

HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS.   Mr Henry Alston had requested plans showing the section of hedge on the Mattishall road that needed to be removed.  These plans had been prepared, and the Clerk would send them to Mr Alston.

Mr Human reported on a meeting at Weston Longville about the Northern Distributor Road and its link to the A47.  He distributed documents detailing the principles and concerns being considered by the consultants, Mouchel.  Mr and Mrs Human and Mr Bishop were planning to attend a further meeting on March 14th.

Mr Ray Grant had been to a meeting about the A47 dualling, and had leaflets showing the four possible routes between Easton and North Tuddenham.  The Council spent some time examining these, and there was discussion about the implications.  Points of view have to be expressed before March 21st.

 

LEISURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS.  Mr and Mrs Sapey have cut the grass on the bowling green.

 

THE AILWYN CUP. Three names had been proposed for the next recipient.  The Parish Council voted, and a decision was reached.

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS.  (a)  Mrs Human reported on discussions about the new Village Hall toilet scheme.  The cheapest estimate was now in the region of £32,000.  It has been decided to try to raise at least £20,000 from grants.  All options for fundraising were being looked at.

(b) Mrs Human has received an email from Mrs June Carter, saying that 7 people at the bottom of Colton Road have no landline phone connection.   BT have stated that this is due to trees in the garden of The Old Pightle.  The Clerk was asked to write to Mr and Mrs Brookes about this.

(c)Mr Sapey mentioned the triangle of land in the corner of the field at the extreme west end of the village.   He felt there was a possibility that this land might become used by travellers, and he suggested that it could be planted with trees.  The Clerk was asked to mention this in his communications with Mr Henry Alston.

(d) The village is due to have the Speed Awareness Signs again in June.

 

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting.

Minutes of the Meeting of Honingham Parish Council 20.02.17

MINUTES of the Meeting of Honingham Parish Council held on Monday 20th. Februry 2017, at 7.00 pm in the Village Hall.

PRESENT were Mr D Bishop (Chairman), Mr T Sapey, Mr S Steggles, Mrs S Blyth, Mrs N Cargill and Mr and Mrs R Human. There were no apologies for absence. 16 residents of the village also attended the meeting.

THE MINUTES of the previous meeting were read, approved and signed.

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes. People from Highways England have contacted Mr R Grant to see whether the Village Hall would be suitable for the planned exhibition about the proposed dualling of the A47. They visited the hall and filled in forms.

CODE OF CONDUCT COMPLAINT. Mr Bishop stated that he had been the subject of a Code of Conduct complaint, following remarks made at the last meeting. The matter was dealt with by Mr Thrower at Broadland District Council. Mr Bishop read a letter he had written to Mr Thrower, and the Clerk then read a letter from Mr Thrower, which summarised the entire procedure, and concluded that no breach of the Code of Conduct had taken place. This letter is appended and forms part of the minutes of this meeting. Mr Bishop emphasised that he would not be apologising to anyone. The Council resolved that no further action would be taken, and from the floor Mr J Skipper proposed a Vote of Confidence in the Chairman, which was greeted by a round of applause.

FINANCE. A cheque for £300 was signed to Anglia Electrical, for work on the reconnection of the Bowls Club electricity supply.
A cheque fpr £136.01 was signed to E.on energy, for Bowls Club electricity.

There were no PLANNING matters for this meeting.

HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS: hedge cutting. The Clerk had not been able to contact Mr Rampton about the possibility of removing some of the hedge on the Mattishall Road. It was requested that Mr Henry Alston be approached again.

There were no LEISURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL matters for this meeting.

THE AILWYN CUP. The Clerk reminded the meeting that this award was once again approaching, and invited suggestions for the next recipient.

CORRESPONDENCE. More material had been received about the offshore windfarm project.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS. The Chairman introduced Ruth Goodall, who is standing for election to the County Council, as Mr James Joyce is standing down. Ms Goodall then spoke briefly, outlining her background .
Quotations are still being awaited for the work on the new Village Hall toilets.
Mrs S Byth is working on Bowls Club curtains.
Mr Ray Roberts, who lives next to the Red Barn, asked why Honingham Parish Council had expressed support for the Food Hub on Broadland District Council’s website. He was assured that the Council had not posted any such message, and the Clerk was asked to see about getting this removed. Mr Human summarised the Council’s view of the Food Hub, which at this stage was broadly supportive, but ooen-minded.

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting.

Minutes of Honingham Parish Council held 9th Jan 2017

MINUTES of the meeting of Honingham Parish Council held on Monday 9th. January 2017, at7.00 pm in the Village Hall.

PRESENT were Mr D Bishop (Chairman), Mr and Mrs R Human, Mrs N Cargill, Mrs S Blyth and Mr T Sapey.  17 residents of the village also attended the meeting.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE were received from Mr S Steggles.

The Chairman began the meeting by welcoming Mr Nick Atkinson, who is working for the design consultants who are concerned with the development of the A47.   Mr Atkinson then addressed the meeting.

He said that his role was to talk to people at this stage, and gather opinions and thoughts about the possibilities for the dualling of the A47.  A statutory consultation will follow, when more input from local people will be possible.  Finally, it will all be put to the government minister, who will make the final decision about the route.  The consultation will take place during the first half of 2017, with a possible exhibition of maps and plans and information in April, probably in Honingham Village Hall.  There will probably be four options for the route. He stressed that this was just the first stage of consultation, and that there will be many opportunities for voices to be heard. He invited questions from the members of the Parish Council and the residents who were at the meeting.

Will consideration be given to the links with the NDR and the proposed Food Hub?  Yes, all these things will be factored in to the debate, and the implications considered.

What will the four options be? There are no constraints on the routes, so some options may go north of the existing road, and some south, or a mixture of the two.

Will the Church be cut off from the village?   The general principle is that the existing road should be kept in use for 90% of the building time.  This will enable the Church to be served.  Its final situation relative to the village can only be known once the final route is established.

Will village landowners be affected by a possible southern route? All considerations have to be looked at, but it is too early to answer this question.  Do not read too much into the fact that some land in the village has been surveyed – these surveys are being carried out over a huge area.

Is the funding for this project definitely settled?  In the end it will be a political decision, so there is always the remote possibility that it will be cancelled at the last minute.

Is compulsory purchase still used?  Yes, but as a last resort. It is always better to negotiate these matters.

Will the surveyors and contractors be using the latest technology, such as drones, to obtain accurate results?  Yes indeed.  It will be a very detailed survey.

Will this be of any help in improving the bus service to the village?  It will depend on the route, but this will be a point worth making.

If everything falls into place, what is the earliest that work can start?  The start date may be the middle of 2020, with the work taking about 2 years.

The Chairman then thanked Mr Atkinson for his valuable contribution to the meeting, and the rest of the Agenda followed.

THE MINUTES of the previous meeting were read, approved and signed.

There were no MATTERS ARISING.

FINANCE.  Some further discussion followed about the Parish precept for 2017-8.  It was decided that the final figure would be £5000.

Two cheques were agreed and signed: to Building Plans Ltd, for plans for the proposed Village Hall extension – £360.

Clerk’s salary for 2016 – £450.

PLANNING.  Several members of the Parish Council had attended a meeting with Mr Ian Alston, at which he had presented his plans for the Food Hub.  The general impression gained had been favourable, though the increase in lorry traffic was an issue.  Mr Alston had said that  lorries would not be allowed through the villages, and alternative access roads would be built.  The Chairman, drawing on his experience in the transport business, said that a lorry driver under pressure would not always respect regulations, and that some foreign drivers might not be familiar with local rules.

The possibility of houses on the field below Fellowes Road was discussed, but no planning applications had been received yet, and it seemed unlikely at the moment that any planning permissions would be granted.

HIGHWAYS AND FOOTPATHS.  The Highway Rangers would be visiting the parish, and the Clerk was asked to mention the missing road sign at the west end of the village, the pavement between Tud Lane and No. 8, the vegetation encroaching on the footpath towards the Church and the poor drainage and consequent puddle on the road by the bridge.

LEISURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS.   Mr Human spoke about getting the roadside hedges on the Mattishall road cut.  He had met with Mr Ian Alston, who had offered to do the work for free, but who needed the permission of the landowner, especially as about 15 metres of hedge needed to be removed.  Neither Mr Human nor the Clerk had had a response from Mr Henry Alston, who acted for Mr Rampton in these matters.  The Clerk was asked to write directly to Mr Rampton about this.

The Clerk had received electricity bills relating to the Bowl Club.  Mr Perrett said that nothing was owed, and the Clerk was asked to query the bills.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS.  Mr Human said that tickets were selling fairly well for the Jazz Evening on January 14th.    Mrs Human said that a large advertising structure at the new roundabout ought to be removed, and the Clerk was asked to follow this up.

THE NEXT MEETING was fixed for February 13th. 2017