Draft Minutes Honingham Village Hall Management Committee 25th Sept 2017

Honingham Village Hall Management Committee

Minutes of the meeting held at  4 p.m Monday 25th September 2017.

Present: Mr Ray Grant, Mrs Sally Blyth, Mrs Christine Harrison, Mrs Linda Human, Mrs Julie Turner, Mr Brian Winchester.

None.

 

  1. Minutes of previous meeting.

Read by all before the meeting and signed by Ray as a true record.

 

  1. Matters arising.

Sally has printed some posters for the Barn Dance and Julie will print the tickets. £10 adult, £5 child, £20 for family ticket of 2 adults and 2 children.

The theme for the quiz is “ Entertainment and hobbies”. Brian will create the quiz and be quiz master but we need a scorer. Julie to ask Jerry.

PAT testing and 5 yr electricity test has been completed by David Ringwood.

The village survey to go ahead.

The toilet improvements are now going to be done “ in house” ( Option C?). The disabled toilet will be installed in the present cloakroom area. Grant funding is not likely to be needed at the moment.

 

  1. Treasurer’s report- running account

As at 7/8/17, there was £4,210.90 in the Santander account, same as last meeting.

Sally claimed £3.00 for coloured cleaning cloths to meet H & S requirements.

£1 donation for a book from the phone box.

 

  1. Treasurer’s report – fundraising account and YBS.

There is £3,196.90 in Barclays but £137.87 is owing to Ray, and £49.45 will be taken out for the filing cabinet. True figure is therefore £3,009.58.

 

As at 25/9/17 there is £3,739.47 in the YBS. Interest for 2017 is expected to be c. £18.00 and is not included in that figure.

 

The Charity Commission Annual return for 2016 shows our gross income is £4,600 and our total expenditure is £3,000.

 

  1. Fire Risk Assessment.

Members discussed the copy of the Fire Risk Assessment which was initially carried out in June 2016 by Ray. Ray will now review and update. It was suggested we purchase an outside bin for cigarette stubs.

 

Ray to see Christine Harvey again and will also write to her about her items which are blocking up the storeroom.

 

 

The Autumn Fair will be on Sunday 5th November 2-5 p.m. Usual games and refreshments, plus a competition for the most unusual shaped vegetable and the best single bloom. Also a craft table for children to make a Bonfire picture.

Festive quiz to start at 7.30 p.m on 2nd December. Julie to purchase signs and plastic “glasses”.

Sally had sent a poster for the dance for inclusion in The Pump, but it was very small and phone numbers couldn’t be read. Discussed sending a donation.

 

  1. Date of next meeting.

Monday October 30th at 4 p.m.

Additional short meeting on Monday October 23rd at 4 p.m for those who can make it.

Comments are closed.