Honingham Village Hall Management Committee – meeting 03 04 17

Honingham Village Hall Management Committee

Minutes of the meeting held at 4 p.m Monday 3rd April 2017

Present: Mr Ray Grant, Mrs Sally Blyth, Mrs Christine Harrison, Mrs Linda Human.

Mrs Julie Turner.

  1. Minutes of previous meeting.

Read by all before the meeting and signed as a true record.

  1. Matters arising.

Ray has informed hirers of the increases in the hourly charge.

Further quotations for the toilet improvements have all been over £35,000. Ray had emailed the plans to Paul Hemnell, the licensing officer at BDC, to ask if this was excessive. He had replied that the quotations were not excessive. Sally, Linda and Ray will meet at Sally’s on Thurs 20th April to research further possible grants.

 

  1. Treasurer’s report- running account

No treasurer’s report but Ray presented the annual accounts. Copies given to committee.

£1, 5006.83 made, mostly due to not paying a cleaner. Thanks given to Susan and Ray. Mr Gwilliams held his last charity dance in March ’17. We will miss the income from his bookings (£900).

 

  1. Treasurer’s report – fundraising account.

3 year’s interest from The Yorkshire Building Society has now been added. Barclays and YBS combined totals £6,037.55

 

  1. Monthly charity dance.

Mr Gwilliams has now finished his monthly charity dances. Ray to put an article in The Pump.

  1. Hall bookings.

There are no new bookings.

 

There is a Bowls Event on 25th June. We will perhaps hold an event to coincide – another History Day?

Ray and Susan will hold their Peony Weekend again, probably 10/11th June.

Sally to ask George Middleton about Shinanikins’s availability in September.

Ray to find out about an Elvis impersonator.

Linda to find out about line dancing.

  1. Any other business.

The committee ratified The Equal Opportunities policy.

Ray showed us a letter about “Houses of Parliament” week in November ’17. To be given to Earthsea House and discussed at the next coffee morning.

The business rate/ council tax has decreased.

Sally requested to borrow some glasses, a teapot and the urn for a 90th birthday party on April 29th. Agreed.

  1. Date of next meeting.

Monday 15th May at 4.00 p.m.      (Also Tues May 2nd, annual meeting following P.C annual meeting).

Comments are closed.