The following is a Police Connect message.
Police are urging residents to be alert for rogue traders & doorstep sellers after thefts of garden statues, plants and fish food in Taverham over the weekend. Reports of rogue traders, cowboy builders & doorstep sellers are unfortunately still a concern for Norfolk Police & Trading Standards Departments. Rogue traders trick people into paying very high prices for unnecessary or shoddy work primarily on homes or garden maintenance.
To avoid becoming a victim of rogue traders, follow these simple steps –
• Always check for identification
• Never feel pressurised into buying or signing up for anything on your doorstep
• Never agree to have work done by somebody who is just passing or take their word that it needs to be done at all.
• Never pay for work before it is completed.
• Do not accept any offer from them to drive you to the bank to wirthdraw money.
• If you need work done, visit www.checkatrade.com or contact your local councils Trusted Trader Service.
• Try to take vehicle indexes of suspicious/bogus callers if safe to do so and consider lighting and CCTV where possible
Further advice can be found on the Norfolk Constabulary webpage www.norfolk.police.uk or dial 101 and ask to speak to your local Safer neighbourhood team.Help us keep our communities safe by reporting any suspicious activity.
Subscribe to our siteRegister here for a weekly email of the site updates.
recent comments to the site:
- Honingham Village Event Diary