As you know Honingham Parish Council have been chasing up BT for over 12 months in the quest for Superfast Broadband for the village. This is latest reply:
Here is an overview of the fibre coverage that is planned for the 170 properties in the Honingham area which are currently served directly form the Honingham local telephone exchange via Exchange Only Lines and the 3 properties which are served from Honingham cabinet 3:
A new fibre cabinet which will be implemented towards the end of the rollout (late 2019 / early 2020) will provide access to speeds of 15-24Mbps for the three properties currently served from Honingham cabinet 3.
There are three new fibre cabinets and two Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) implementations planned as follows:
– One cabinet during the first six months of 2018 which will provide access to Superfast (SF) speeds (24Mbps+) for 60 properties
– Two new cabinets planned between Oct 2018 – Mar 2019 that will provide SF for 70 properties
– 17 further properties are planned to have access to an FTTP solution between Oct 2018 – Mar 2019 that will provide SF for 70 properties
– A further FTTP solution is planned towards the end of the rollout to serve a further 16 properties
– There are 7 properties where no fibre solution is currently possible
ROSEMARY COTTAGE, 1 BERRY HALL COTTAGES, TANGLEWOOD BARN, THE HAYLOFT, WISTERIA, 2 BERRY HALL COTTAGES, BERRY HALL – all Berrys Lane.
Survey and design work will take place in phases, as the survey for each new cabinet is completed details will be provided to the relevant Parish Council. There won’t be survey packs for the FTTP solutions.
Once fibre infrastructure is available in your area, people will need to contact their Internet Service Provider, or another, to discuss suitable services packages. Over 100 Internet Service Providers offer fibre based broadband service.
One slight caveat, this is subject to survey and there always remains the small chance that this reveals something that would require more work than expected which could cause a delay or, in extreme cases, it is possible that severe technical issues will be discovered that prevent implementation altogether.
Programme Director – Better Broadband for Norfolk