Work to repair the A47 between Dereham and Easton
We are working on behalf of Highways England to repair the road surface of the A47 near you. This work will repair the road at Bushy Common, Dereham, Hockering and Easton.
Subject to weather conditions, we plan to complete this work overnight between Monday 7 November and Friday 18 November, working between 20:00 and 06:00 on weeknights only. We apologise for any delays this may create for your residents, parishioners and staff.
To keep road users at a safe distance from the works, we will close the A47 at each location while we are working. This will be at:
- Bushy Common on Monday 7 November;
- Dereham from Monday 7 to Friday 11 November;
- Hockering from Tuesday 8 to Wednesday 16 November, and;
- Easton on Thursday 17 and Friday 18 November.
There will be a clearly signed diversion route in place, whereby drivers heading eastbound will be directed to exit the A47 at Swaffham, taking:
- the A1065 north to Fakenham, then;
- the A148, then;
- the A1067 south east to Norwich, then;
- the A140 Norwich Ring Road, and finally;
- the A1074 Dereham Road to re-join the A47 at Longwater.
Drivers heading westbound will directed to exit the A47 at Norwich, taking:
- the A11 south west from Thickthorn roundabout to Thetford, then;
- the A134 north to Mundford, and finally;
- the A1065 north to Swaffham to re-join the A47.
Local traffic will be permitted along the A47 up to the point of the closure, and those needing access to properties through the closure will be able to approach the gateman for further instruction.
We have written to local businesses affected by the works and we would be grateful if you would publicise the works to your parishioners through newsletters and other communications where appropriate. Given the length of the diversion route we would advise drivers to allow extra time to complete their journey.
We will do our utmost to complete the works as quickly as possible, avoiding disturbance and keeping noise to a minimum.
To stay informed about all the latest major roadworks happening near you, visit www.gov.uk/government/organisations/highways-england to register for the latest alerts.
If you have any enquiries please contact the Highways England Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
For and on behalf of Highways England